You are interested in pursuing your studies in Australia. Good news! Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarships are currently ongoing application. The Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarships is funded by a private trust and was established in memory of the late Sir James McNeill, who had a long association with Monash University. This scholarship is offered for doctoral and masters research studies.
This reputable scholarship is available for research that is both environmentally responsible and socially beneficial and helps support a student with living costs whilst studying at Monash. The host institution for this scholarship is Monash University. The university is a public research university based in Melbourne, Australia. It was established in 1958 and is the second oldest university in the State of Victoria.
Monash University has some number of campuses, four of which are in Victoria (Clayton, Caulfield, Peninsula, and Parkville), and one in Malaysia. The university also has a research and teaching centre in Prato, Italy, a graduate research school in Mumbai, India and a graduate school in Suzhou, China. Monash University courses are also delivered at other locations, including South Africa.
The Opportunity Focus Areas for Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarships are:
- Arts (School of Music only)
- Health Sciences
Eligibility for Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarships for International Students
- To be qualified for the scholarship, the required language is English.
English Language Test requirements for General: (6.5) overall (no band less than 6.0) in IELTS, and (79 +) Reading 13, Listening 12, Speaking 18 & Writing 21 in TOEFL.
English Language Test requirements for Arts, Business and Economics: (7) overall (no band less than 6.5) in IELTS, and (94 +) Reading 19, Listening 20, Speaking 20 & Writing 24 TOEFL.
- All world countries are qualified for the scholarship.
- Interested applicants must be an International student, a New Zealand citizen, an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident and an Australian humanitarian visa holder.
- Candidates should check the qualifications for admission to research master’s according to field of study: from here.
- To be qualified for the scholarship, candidates must have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
- Scholarships are also awarded based on each candidate academic record, research output and prior research experience.
- To be qualified for the scholarship, you must have not previously held an Australian Government or Monash-funded Postgraduate Research Award for over six months.
- To be eligible for the scholarship, you must have submitted a scholarship application in the current year.
- Candidates should be undertaking research that is both environmentally responsible and socially beneficial.
How to Apply for Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarships for International Students
- Candidates need to receive an invitation to apply, before you apply. To receive one, all you need to do is to complete an expression of interest and/or find a supervisor who agrees to supervise your research. This depends on the faculty/institute.
- Register for Graduate Research Admission and Scholarship, by click on “Apply Now“.
- All sections of online application are explained here.
- Specify that you wish to be considered for a scholarship on the application form. There is no need to fill out a separate application form.
- You do not need to indicate which scholarship you are applying as you are automatically considered for all graduate research scholarships (where qualified).
Required Documents for Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Academic curriculum vitae.
- Official academic transcripts, degree certificate or testamur from awarding institution (including an explanation of the grading schema).
- Proof of meeting the English language proficiency requirements.
- Invitation to Apply.
- Proof of citizenship.
- Research proposal.
The application deadline for Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarships for International Students is October 31, 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here