The University of Victoria is glad to announce the International IB Scholarships for students in Canada. This bursary is open for the academic session 2021-2022.
This funding program is open for international students who want to undertake an undergraduate degree program at the University of Victoria.
The University of Victoria (UVic) is a leading public research university in Canada. The origin of the university dates back to 1903 when it was referred to as Victoria College. Popularly known as UVic, the university is situated in the city of Victoria, the capital of British Columbia.
The university has specialized in eight areas of research that include culture and creativity, climate and energy, health and life sciences, data science and cyber-physical systems, ocean science and technology, global studies and social justice, mathematics, and computer science, and indigenous research. Further, the university has partnered with the government, industries, and research organizations for research and development initiatives. The University of Victoria is on the mission to tackle world problems through technology and social development.
Spread across a 402-acre land, the main campus of the University of Victoria is one of the largest in North America. With world-class infrastructure and highly-qualified faculty members, UVic offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees as well as diploma programs for aspiring students.
The institution operated as an affiliated college until 1963 when it was reincorporated as a university. Its world-class facilities and well-established faculty members are globally known.
Facts & figures about The University of Victoria
- 22,020 students (undergraduate and graduate)
- 900 full-time faculty members
- 535+ patents filed to date
- 1,080+ invention disclosures to date
- 169 start-up companies to date
- $3.7 billion UVic annual economic impact
- #1 among Canadian comprehensive universities for preparing career-ready students (2019 Times Higher Education Global University Employability Ranking)
- Consistently the top university in North America for international research collaboration (Leiden, 2011-19)
Brief Description of the International IB Scholarships at University of Victoria
Scholarship Host: University of Victoria
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Scholarship Location: Canada
Worth of Scholarship: $2,500 CDN
Nationality: All nationalities
Application Deadline: March 15, 2021
Eligibility Criteria for The International IB Scholarships at University of Victoria
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree program in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must be completing the International Baccalaureate program with a least of 32 points.
Method of Application
- Method of application: To being registered in the program, students must take admission in an undergraduate degree at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the following documents as part of the application: Pre-qualification degree, copies of academic transcripts, certificates of English language proficiency, a statement, and a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: To be considered for this program, students must have to check the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language or mother tongue, you should provide evidence of your English language proficiency through one of the entry requirements or language tests.
Worth of The International IB Scholarships at University of Victoria
The University of Victoria will provide an award of amount $2,500 CDN to the eligible international students in Canada.
For More information and how to apply