Explaining the Different Types of Scholarships Provided in Canada: There are a couple of reasons Canada is more expensive than other countries. One reason is that Canada’s economy has been doing better compared to many other countries around the world. Canada also provides free healthcare, unlike in America where students have medical bills piling up after they graduate from college or university and get health insurance on their own for the first time.
Another significant factor that makes studying in Canada costly is tuition fees – it can add up really quickly depending on what school you attend and how long your program may be. In fact, some Canadian universities charge upwards of $25000 per year! With all these things considered, finding scholarships to help pay for studies seems like a necessity if you want to pursue higher education in Canada without breaking the bank with student loans or burdening your parents.
Canada is a beautiful country and it would be nice to go there if you can afford the cost of living for at least part of your studies.
Some people may not know that Canada provides all kinds of different scholarships, some even specifically geared toward international students looking to study in Canada! There are many scholarship opportunities provided by provinces like British Columbia (BC), Alberta (AB), Saskatchewan (SK), etc., as well as institutions like Simon Fraser University, York University, Dalhousie University…the list goes on!
Some schools provide scholarships based on academic merit; others require their applicants to submit an essay about what makes them unique or special or outstanding among other candidates who also have the same scholarship. The requirements for Canadian scholarships vary from institution to institution, so always check the website of your potential universities of choice for more information.
Different types of Scholarships in Canada
Scholarships Provided By the Canadian Government
This type of scholarship is hosted or provided by the Canadian government for studies in Canada. So students looking to study in Canada can benefit from this scholarship.
- Brief Description: Scholarship for Postgraduate international students who are taking a course program in the field of natural sciences or health research at an accredited university in Canada
- Amount: $3000
Canada Graduate Scholarships – Master’s Program
- Brief Description: scholarship provided by the Canadian government for doctoral international students studying in a Canadian university
- Amount: $6000
- Brief Description: A famous scholarship provided by the Canadian government for doctoral international students studying in a Canadian university.
- Amount: $7,000
- Brief Description: A Merit-Based Scholarship provided by the Canadian government and awarded to outstanding international students who are taking a course program in the field of natural sciences or engineering at an accredited university in Canada
- Amount: $9000
Scholarships Provided By the Non-Governmental Organizations
- Brief Description: Aspiring doctoral students studying at an accredited institution in Canada is eligible to receive this award.
- Amount: $4,000
- Brief Description: This scholarship is available for students in the following levels high school, undergraduate, or graduate student. You are required to submit an essay or a personal statement.
- Amount: $2000
- Brief Description: All British Postgraduate students studying at an accredited or recognized school in Canada are eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Amount: $5000
Some University Scholarships in Canada
- Brief Description: Graduate scholarship available for all international students to study at Carleton University
- Amount: $6000
UBC Graduate Scholarships https://www.grad.ubc.ca/scholarships-awards-funding/award-opportunities
- Brief Description: Scholarship award given to qualified graduate and doctoral students to study at the University of British Columbia
- Amount: $8000
- Brief Description: a variety of scholarships provided by the University of Alberta for international Undergraduates and Graduate students.
- Amount: $5,000
- Brief Description: Scholarships are provided for international students to study at any level and in different course programs.
- Amount: $20000
- Brief Description: Scholarships provided for international and domestic undergraduate students at the University
- Amount: $11,500
University of Toronto Ontario Graduate Scholarship http://www.sgs.utoronto.ca/currentstudents/Pages/Ontario-Graduate-Scholarship.aspx
- Brief Description: The Ontario Graduate Scholarship is available for domestic and international students studying at the University of Saskatchewan
- Amount: $5,000
- Brief Description: this is a merit-based scholarship is available for undergraduate international students who wish to study an undergraduate course program offered at the university.
- Amount: $1,500 – $10,000.
In conclusion: Are you an international student who wants more information about studying in Canada? If yes then please visit Canada Scholarships today where we provide detailed information about Canadian government scholarships, Rotary International scholarships…etc.